PP & TC Content
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What Data Do We Collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, and phone number)
- Information you provide concerning property purchase or property viewing such as Personal ID, Economic Authorities ID (AFM), and Address.
How Do We Collect Your Data?
You directly provide Chania Real Estate with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or request to list your property on one of our websites or request any of our services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- They are provided by a third-party associate of ours after you have granted your consent like spitogatos, spiti24 etc.
How Will We Use Your Data?
Once we have obtained your data, we use it in different ways, depending on the service we need to provide. Chania Real Estate collects your data so that we can:
- Process your property request.
- Email you with special offers, and property listings on other products and services we think you might like.
- Inform you about the property you listed with us.
- Offer you the possibility to send your CV, submit yourself online to a job or subscribe to alerts of offers that we consider may be of interest to you
- Verify the data you have provided (such as property deeds, references, and qualifications, as appropriate and in accordance with local legislation).
If you agree, Chania Real Estate will share your data with our partner firms so that they may offer you their products and services.
- Real Estate Chania
When Chania Real Estate processes your request it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information to prevent fraudulent property purchases.
We only use your personal data for the above purposes if we consider it necessary and in our legitimate interest (i.e. it forms part of a contract or service we need to provide). If you are not satisfied with any of the ways we may use your data, as listed above, you have the right of opposition in certain circumstances.
It is possible that we may periodically send you information that we think may be of interest to you. We will only send you this information if you have given us consent to receive communication. In particular, we may use your data for the purposes listed below, where appropriate and in accordance with local legislation and requirements. Keep in mind that the list is not exhaustive. We may:
- send you information, including reports, promotions, events, and other general information we believe may interest you
- publish your testimonial on our website, but only in cases where we’ve received the testimonial from you and obtained your explicit consent to publish it
If you are not happy with our marketing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent or unsubscribe at any time. No one is perfect, but we will do our best to honor your preferences.
How Do We Store Your Data?
As a leading real estate company, we process a lot of data and although we had a bunch of measures in place in the past to maintain high data standards, we’ve added a few more. As a result, we believe we’re now doing everything we can to collect, store and process data securely and in the best interests of our clients.
Which principles govern the processing of personal data by Chania Real Estate?
Chania Real Estate processes your personal data in a fair and lawful manner for clearly defined purposes. Your personal data that are processed by Chania Real Estate are limited to those that are absolutely necessary for the achievement of these purposes, are accurate and timely, are kept for a period set out by the processing purposes, are protected by sufficient security measures and are not transmitted to countries that do not ensure a satisfactory level of protection.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We are committed to taking all reasonable measures to protect the personal information we store against any unauthorized use, loss or access. These include measures to address any suspected data breach. We endeavor to protect your data by storing it on secure servers and using a series of technical and organizational security measures to safeguard your personal data and to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use include firewalls and data encryption.
Chania Real Estate applies an Information Security Management System that complies with the best practices of the ISO 9001:2015 and EN 15224:2012 standards.
Although we believe we have taken adequate and appropriate measures, no system is perfect and we therefore cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or theft will not occur. If you suspect that there may be improper use of your personal information or unauthorized access to it, please let us know immediately by sending us an email to info(at)chaniarealestate.com
How Long are My Personal Data Kept?
Your personal data are kept as long as required by the nature of the Chania Real Estate service you have selected and, additionally, as long as required by the applicable legislation. If we have not entered into a relevant contact with you (or with the company you work for) for a period of three years (or for a longer period if we believe in good faith that the law or another regulation obliges us to keep them), we will contact you again to make sure that the information we store about you are is up-to-date and that you are happy to stay in our database. If we do not hear from you, we will then proceed to delete your personal data from our systems.
What Are Your Rights?
You have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
- The right to access: You have the right to access the data we hold about you. We will, however, need you to prove your identity before we release any personal data to you. We have one month to collect and send you this information, although there are exceptions for requests that are unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
- The right to rectification: If you discover that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request for it to be updated. As with the right to access, we have one month to do this, and the same exceptions apply.
- The right to erasure (‘the right to be forgotten’): You can request that we erase your data in certain circumstances, such as when the data is no longer necessary, the data was unlawfully processed or if it no longer meets the lawful ground for which it was collected.
- 5. Right to withdraw Consent: You can withdraw the consent you gave us to process your data at any time.
- The right to restrict processing: You can request that we limit the way we use your personal data. It’s an alternative to requesting the erasure of data and might be used when you contest the accuracy of your personal data or when you no longer need the information but we are required to keep it to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to obtain the personal data we hold about you in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal data that you have provided to us and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you.
- The right to object: You can object to the processing of personal data that is collected on the grounds of legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the interest or exercise of official authority. We must stop processing information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that overrides the interests, rights, and freedoms of the individual or if the processing is for the establishment or exercise of defense of legal claims.
- Rights related to automated decision-making including profiling: The GDPR includes provisions for decisions made with no human involvement, such as profiling, which uses personal data to make calculated assumptions about individuals. There are strict rules about this kind of processing, and individuals are permitted to challenge and request a review of the processing if they believe the rules aren’t being followed.
- The right to complain If for any reason you are not happy with the way we have handled your personal data, please contact us. If you are still not happy, you have the right to make a complaint to to the relevant control authority (Spanish Agency for Data Protection, www.agpd.es)
To exercise any of these rights, please write to us: Str. Tzanakaki 26, street, Chania, Crete, Greece Or send an email to info(at)chaniarealestate.com
Where Is Your Data Stored And Who Can Access It?
Data we collect is transferred to and stored by ARENCORES: a real estate database. All employees of Chania Real Estate can access this database to efficiently perform recruitment services and marketing communication in cases where we received your consent for such communication. We endeavor to protect your data by storing it on secure servers and by using technical and organizational security measures to safeguard your personal data and to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use include firewalls and data encryption. Although we believe we have taken adequate and appropriate measures, no system is perfect and we therefore cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or theft will not occur.
What Is The Legal Bases For Processing Your Data?
We have set out a short description of main ways we collect, store, process, share and disclose your personal data and the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are, where appropriate. We will only use your data when the law allows us to do so. We will primarily use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- to fulfill a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- where it is in our legitimate interests
- when it is our legal or regulatory duty
- when you consent
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information in conducting and managing our business. We will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your legal rights when we process your personal information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you unless we are required to do so for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation. Where consent is required in order to use your personal information, by ticking the appropriate consent box or otherwise communicating your consent (for example, by email, verbally in person or on a call, or by voluntarily providing non-mandatory information) you consent to our use of that personal information for the purposes covered by the specific consent that you have given. For example, we will only process your personal information for marketing purposes if we have your consent to do so.
What Are Your Data Protection Rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: 2821 112777
Or write to us: info(at)chaniarealestate.com
What are cookies? Cookies are text files that are stored in a computer system via your internet browser. Cookies are not viruses. A cookie does not contain information that identifies a person but instead allows your computer to be linked to the information provided by you on the website (such as: linking your IP address and other information about your experience on the website to your preferences expressed while choosing services). They do not damage your computer or slow operation. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser.
What Type Of Cookies Do We Use?
Analytical Cookies: These cookies are used to measure and analyse how visitors use the website (for example site traffic, most-visited pages or pages that display error messages or bounce rate) in order to continuously improve the website and your experience when visiting our site. All information collected by these cookies is in an anonymous form (even if passed onto third parties) and cannot be used to identify you. For more detailed information about cookies and how they can be managed and deleted, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How To Manage Cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy Policies Of Other Websites
How To Contact Us
Email us at info (at) chaniarealestate.com
Call us: 2821 112777
Or write to us at: 26 Stratigou Tzanakaki Street, 73134, Chania, Crete, Greece